Put the FUN in Fundraising!
Be creative with your fundraising endeavors! Here are some ideas to help you and/or your team meet your fundraising goals:
- Host a Recruitment Kick-off Party: Plan an informal happy hour or dinner party to promote Double Up 4 Vision and recruit team members. Distribute Double Up 4 Vision information to help solicit donations and recruit team members.
- Challenge Your Team: People respond well to challenges, so make your fundraising goal public. Keep your team informed on its progress by sending out update e-mails using your Participant Center, status updates on Facebook and regular tweets. Once the goal is met, keep raising it! This will encourage people to continue donating.
- Get Your Community Involved: Ask local restaurants and stores to sponsor you and/or your team directly, or to donate gift cards or raffle prizes as fundraising incentives. You can also try reaching out to your company vendors to secure prizes for corporate teams.
- Keep the Momentum Going: Plan fun and festive fundraising events after your kick-off to keep up team morale! Invite guests, encourage them to make donations and find additional ways of raising money — anything from a themed food event such as a BBQ, to a bake sale at work; and from a basketball tournament to a team auction of fun prizes. Make sure you don’t spend too much money on these events; look for places that are free and ask people who might donate prizes for free.
- Be Social: Join us on Facebook and Twitter! Then, be sure to post links to your personal fundraising page asking everyone in your network to help support your efforts by donating or joining your team. Even posting photos or videos to your Facebook or Twitter accounts can help motivate people to support you! Remember to tag us and use #doubleup4vision in your posts.
To encourage you to raise even more this year, we’ve added new fundraising incentives with prizes!